Mark 16:16 – 20 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Dominion is about knowing who you are in Christ. It is important to have Dominion and to walk in it. You are redeemed to walk in the dominion provided by Jesus Christ on the cross of cavalry by having faith in Him and His finished works. V17. Surrendering your totality to Jesus makes you superior to the devil and makes you the light of the world for the devil has been defeated by Jesus Christ. Mathew 5v14 says ‘Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill can it be hidden.’
Therefore, the potential to dominate and rule over every challenge standing as a stumbling block on your ways has been given to you for greater is He that is in you than that which is in the world. Each time the devil is roaring, you are not to panic but to confront him with the word of God. This word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword. Hebrews 4v12.
Before you can walk in the dominion provided by Jesus Christ and the promises given according to the above scriptures, you must be established in a relationship with Jesus.
How do you get established in a relationship with Jesus?
1. Admit that you are a sinner and that you need God’s help. Romans 3v23 ‘For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
2. Be willing to change your mind and turn from your sin (repent) Luke 13v5 ‘I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead. John 3v16 ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
4. Invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Lord and Saviour. Romans 10v10 ‘For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.
After surrendering your life to Jesus Christ, then can the name of Jesus have power and be potent in your mouth.
Walking in the dominion Christ Jesus has made available to His children has in it the following benefits.
- Freedom from sin and its guilt
- Freedom from bondage and demonic covenants
- Freedom from principalities and powers
- Freedom from sicknesses
2. Powers to cast out devils and their works
3. Speaking the word of God and it will be established.
Therefore, you can walk in the dominion that has been provided for you in Christ Jesus. Dominion is the understanding that you can do what God says you can do. As children of God, understanding dominion is crucial to your walk with God. Through Him is the power to lay hold onto the promises of God and to possess them in Christ which requires knowledge, understanding, and the rightful use of your position in Christ.