1 Samuel 17:24-26 And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, fled from him, and we’re sore afraid. And the men of Israel said, have you seen this man that is come up? Surely to defy Israel is he come up: and it shall be, that the man who kills him, the king will enrich him with great riches, and will give him his daughter, and make his father’s house free in Israel. And David spoke to the men that stood by him, saying, what shall be done to the man that kills this Philistine, and takes away the reproach from Israel? For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?
Opportunity is the platform through which our goals and desires are accomplished. When we pray to God, He sometimes answers our prayers by sending us opportunities. If we are diligent enough to use these opportunities, we will see the tremendous blessings wrapped in there for us.
Opportunities may come in the following ways:
- In the form of a problem to be solved
- Lending a helping hand to a stranger or anyone who is in need
- Speaking up for the underprivileged
- Doing difficult tasks that others would reject
- Supporting somebody with prayers
- Attending fellowship with brethren
But some things are crucial
- You must be able to recognize these opportunities.
- You must be spiritually sensitive and be willing to obey every prompting of the Holy Spirit.
- The eyes of your spirit must not be dim because it is with the eyes of the spirit that you identify divinely orchestrated opportunities.
God made many special promises for us, but creates opportunities that could lead to the fulfilment of His promises. 2Co 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him, the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. An example was Abraham, who had the promise of an heir being born to him and had to recognize the opportunity God was bringing to Him. So he welcomed the strangers and entertained them, and received the fulfillment of the promise. Genesis 18:1-14.
Another example is David, who carried the promise to become the next king in Israel when Samuel anointed him. He rose to defend the name of the Holy God of Israel when Goliath, the captain of the army of Philistine, defied him, and God gave him victory (I Samuel 17:24-26). At the appointed time, he surely became the king.
When opportunities show up, and you can recognize them, what could you do for His promises to come to pass?
- Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
- Lean on the help the Holy Spirit provides.
- It would be best if you had patience and watchfulness
By doing all of the above, all of God’s promises will be fulfilled in your life. God bless you.