TEXT: Mark 5: 25 – 34.
And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better, she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?” “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.
The woman with the issue of blood in Mark 5 knew that her condition was severe and critical, having visited many physicians but all to no avail. She was always disappointed and probably might have believed that there was no solution to the problem she was facing. However, hearing about Jesus and His works, completely encouraged her and gave her hope of trying again. She had heard of so many impossible things that were made possible by Jesus and these testimonies gave her the encouragement she needed to try again. She worked on her faith to a level that touching Jesus’ garment healed her of her long-term sickness.
Faith is a powerful tool on which life depends. The faith you have in something will make such things work for you. The faith you have in Jesus allows for His name to work for you. The bible makes us understand that His name has brought salvation to mankind.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
What do you feed your heart with? What do you hear? Is it that which will increase your faith or that which will kill your faith?
How then do you increase your faith?
1. Study, meditate and confess the word of God. What you confess becomes of you.
2. Obey the Word of God and allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you.
3. Put your total trust in God. She trusted God enough to have believed that by touching the hem of Jesus’ garment, she will be healed. V.28
4. Recall what God has done in the past and let it work for you. V.27
5. Spend time with other believers and put your faith to work. She joined the multitude following Jesus and made her way to where Jesus was, thereby, putting her faith to work. V.27
6. Be thankful for what God had done, that which He is doing, and the ones He is yet to do. V.33
7. Testify that which God has done and do not keep it to yourself. This woman, though terrified, she came out to testify about what had happened to her and she received peace and became whole. V.33 – 34
Conclusion: Actively develop and engage your faith, you can cause that change you desire, it’s all dependent on your FAITH.