TEXT: MATTHEW 11:28
Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, And I will give you rest.
Rest is the relief from the weariness of labour. It’s to refresh oneself. It means comfort, ease, inward peace and being composed.
Who are those that need rest?
- Someone who is tired.
- Someone who has gone through hard labour and stress.
- Someone who is burdened emotionally and psychologically.
After all the day’s job or work your body seeks Rest.
However, you don’t rest anywhere but seek for REST in a comfortable place.
This scripture gives us more assurance that there is a personality who is ready to give us Rest.
Are you troubled about your present situation? Are you sick about your life, home, or child? Are you tired of your job? Worried about your marriage?
Have you travelled round to seek solutions from pastors, prophets, or intellectual people or you’ve gone to consult Doctors or specialists over that problem?
The master is so confident and has assured us Rest.
There is someone beckoning, saying, “come unto me, all you that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you REST.
How do you get this REST?
- You must first acknowledge that you are a sinner.
- Forsake the life of sin
- Give your life to Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour.
- Believe Him for everything when you are helpless.
- Pray always.
- Never compromise and keep thanking God for the victory.
O Lord, I lay all of my burden upon you please give me rest on this problem and situation. Amen
Your rest is assured in God through Jesus Christ His only begotten son.