Be you strong therefore and let not your hand be weak, for your works shall be rewarded – 2 Corinthians 15:7
Life is filled with many challenges, pressing issues and needs, ups and downs, such that we need divine strength to keep moving without giving up.
Here are some admonishing scriptures encouraging us not to give up in various aspects of our lives. Let us meditate on these scriptures to draw strength from God.
- Do not give up when you feel weary in your soul from long-term battles, for His grace is sufficient for you, and His power shall rest on you. 2Corinthians 12:9
- Do not give up when your long-awaited prayers seem not to be answered. Luke 18:1, men ought always to pray and not faint. Romans 12:12
- Do not give up when you are filled with doubts, pressures, and life challenges 2Corinthians 5:4.
- Do not give when you sow and harvest is not forthcoming, in due time, you will reap what you sow Galatians 6:9
- Do not give up when waiting on God seems endless Isaiah 40:30-31. Those who wait on the Lord, their strength will be renewed and not weary of faint.
- Do not give up when you are faced with temptations and eventually fall back into sinning. 1 Corinthians 10:13.
As we go in this week, let us draw our strength from the Word of God. We will derive our resilience, hope and succour from His Word. As believers, we are strengthened in His presence and confident that Christ in us is our hope of glory ( Colossians 1:27).
Therefore, we must trust God and remember that Jesus knows our works and understands our greatest fear. His grace is always available. It is sufficient in times of need and at every worst time. DON\’T GIVE UP. 2 Corinthians 12:9