TEXT: LUKE 12:22-31
As humans, many thoughts run through our minds countless times. While some just cross our minds and easily fade away, others take a toll on our emotions, mind, soul and body.
It has been scientifically proven that, when the mind is overwhelmed with thoughts, it can affect the normal functioning of the body, soul and spirit. It can impose great danger to health and pose serious limitations to our faith.
Some of the things anxiety does to a man are:
1. It does not change any situation rather, it changes you and makes you doubt even your own capabilities.
2. Once your capability is held hostage, your strength diminishes and your faith drowns.
3. Your ability to look up reduces hence you begin to look down. When you look up, you see God and his sovereignty because you can’t see yourself anymore but when you look down, you see yourself, your limitations and restrictions hence your faith becomes weak.
4. You waste a lot of energy that is supposed to be channelled towards prayer. The more you focus on your problems, the less you concentrate on prayers.
5. It magnifies the problem and makes you incapable because what you focus on will always get bigger.
6. It makes everything looks difficult, even the smallest of things.
7. Even God steps aside because you would not recognize his presence anymore.
Paul admonishes in Philippians 4:6 that we must
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
The next time the grip of anxiety tries to take a toll on you, always remember you can look up to God rather than look down.
I pray that you will always remember that you have a father whose shoulder is wide, big and strong enough to carry all your burdens. So cast your burdens unto Jesus, for he cares for you. 1 Pet 5:7.
May you find comfort in His embrace in Jesus name.